At HERACLES Group we use fuels and raw materials derived from industrial, commercial and municipal waste. Guided by the principles of Circular Economy, we work with industries that want to re-channel their waste and by-products, as alternative fuels and alternative raw materials in the production process.
In addition, we are a reliable partner of recycling units, diverting from landfills the recycling residue and specifically materials that can be used as fuels & raw materials in our plants.
Energy recovery of waste in the cement industry is the best environmental solution since it:
- Operates in addition to recycling
- Contributes to the Circular Economy
- Produces zero waste
- Destroys all the organic compounds
- Leads to a reduction in landfill
- Helps avoid incineration
- Leads to a reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Saves non-renewable natural resources
- Enhances the competitiveness of the industry
- Strengthens the local economy
About 20 of all spent fuel in clinker for 2017 came from alternative fuels, while 2.5 of all consumed raw materials came from alternative raw materials.